Rslinx on XP Home

FutureBox

I have a problem with RSlinx 2.51 on XP Home. This is a brand new computer, fully updated with SP3.

I know that later versions of RSLinx will not install on XP Home, so I tried Ver 2.51 and it installed no problem at all.

.Net 1.0, 2.0 SP2 and 3.5 are all installed.
When I go to start RSLinx, it does nothing, and when I go into services and try to manually start the service I get

"Error 1075 The dependency service does not exist or has been marked for deletion"

Anyone had experience with this? I have read that many people here have had no problems with installing RSLinx on Xp Home. I am going try an earlier version of linx and see how I go.
Any input would be great! 🤞🏻

Do you have an AB Tech Connect contract for the Knowledgebase? I don't.

http://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/31311
31311 - RSLinx (Classic) : Error 1075 dependency service does not exist or has been marked for deletion when starting Harmony
Problem: When stating Harmony manually, get error message Error 1075 dependency service does not exist or has been marked for deletion .There are no dependencies listed for harmony. Cause: Remote...
Access Level: TechConnect

Also Windows SP3 does not play well with RSLinx.

@ Mickey
Thanks for the quick reply.
No I don't, but I have found a solution for the problem.

I just installed ver 2.42 and it seems to be working just fine. I had read somewhere that from 2.50 upwards it won't install at all; comes up with the message that XP home is not supported, although 2.51 installed without that message. When I tried 2.56 (I think) it came up with the message.

Maybe someone can confirm whether they have a working 2.51 or similar on XP Home it would probably help a few people out?

For now though, 2.42 will do the trick.

On your other point about SP3 not playing very well with Rockwell software, I have not had a problem in this regard, all of the units I have used always have been XP pro SP3.

On your other point about SP3 not playing very well with Rockwell software, I have not had a problem in this regard, all of the units I have used always have been XP pro SP3.

I've had a few issues using SP3 and older versions of software.
Linx Classic 2.52 does not fully support SP3. AIC driver can't be installed at all. Newest version 2.55 support SP3