cp 443-1 Advanced problem

ggchavhan

Dear all

I don't know much about CPs. I have CP 443-1 Advanced CP card, but it is showing stop as well as in INT fault, this is when C PLUG is in inserted condition.
When I removed the C Plug I could go online thru CP but still it is showing int fault and Stop LED ON. What could be the problem? How can it be rectified? please guide me.

second question : What is C PLUG? and its role in AS

Thanks in advance

Hi,

"Configuration note:
The C-PLUG (configuration plug) is an interchangeable medium on which the configuration data of a device is automatically saved. This enables you to exchange a defective module simply by replugging the C-PLUG to a new module. "

Have you downloaded a configuration through HW-config? The CP shouldnt start with out the C-plug.

Are you sure that the C-Plug is required ?
I have made one project with a CP443-1 Advanced, and I didnt use a C-plug. I just downloaded the HW Config to the CPU, including the setup of the CP443-1.

About what the error might be, use the Hardware Diagnostics to get more accurate information.

With C Plug I could not download HW configuration, but without C Plug I could download it by using MPI adaptor and then thru CP 443-1, but still it is in stop mode and in INT fault

At least it says so in the manual (chapter 3.2) that the CP will not start without a C-plug. C-plug for my project came included to the module and I didn't try to run without it.

Like Jesper said it would be a good idea to check any problems in diagnostic buffer or even with NCM S7-diagnostics.

EDIT-----------------------------
from the manual:

Using a C-PLUG with old configuration data
Use only C-PLUGs that are formatted for the CP 443-1 Advanced. C-PLUGs that
have already been used and formatted in other device types must first be
formatted for the CP 443-1 Advanced.
You do this with STEP 7 / NCM Diagnostics. For more detailed information, refer to
the online help in the topic “General Diagnostics Functions − C-PLUG Diagnostics
Object”.
After formatting, all data areas are deleted on the C-PLUG. The project
engineering is adopted by the CPU only after reloading or after turning on the
power supply again.

Did the C-plug come with the CP?
--------------------------------

Last edited:
Thanks Maitomies
Yes it came with CP.
Secondly, without C Cplug I could access it through NCM Diagnostic, but without C Plug I couldnot go online in NCM Diagnostic.
If I want to format it what should I do?
Please guide
Regards

Hi,

also from the manual:
----------------------------
Diagnostics
Inserting a C-PLUG containing the configuration of an incompatible device type or general malfunctions of a C-PLUG are signaled by the diagnostic mechanisms of the CP (F LED red).
--------------------------

So if I understand correctly, when CPs F-led is lit you might have a problem with the C-plug and formatting it might be a solution.

Like it says in my last message :
"You do this with STEP 7 / NCM Diagnostics. For more detailed information, refer to the online help in the topic “General Diagnostics Functions − C-PLUG Diagnostics Object”."

So I quess you'll have to open the online help for that topic. I don't have my PG with me att the moment. Good luck and tell us if it works. Sounds weird if they supplied you a wrong C-plug.