Output won't work

wezley_91

Hi, I am trying to get an external counter to count how many times the program goes through a sequence. There is a normally open contact that closes when the SQO is DN but then the output won't activate. I Can force the output on and that works. Also When the output is changed from O:0.0/0 to O:0.0/1 then the computer shows that the output is active but it doesn't activate the counter even when forced on.

Thanks in advance

the outputs are controlled through the destination on the SQO stament if say your output card is on rack location 3 you want SQO destination O:3/0 also yuo need to make sure your mask is set correctly post your code and I can look over it and see whats wrong with the SQO statement

The SQO statement itself is fine, it controls the output voltage and ran all night, it has 2 different steps which are a minute each and then it outputs DN for a minute

RSLogix Screenshot.jpg

you don't need the R6:0 rung to output O.0/0 the SQO statement directly controls the output upon the 1 or 0 status of the SQO statement under display special in your case the bit status at B3:0.0 for output zero. remove that rung and right click the SQO instruction goto the B3.0 data table input which conditions you want for ouput 0 and 1 described by your length of 2. for each of the two steps. and it should work

Last edited:
The O:0/0 controls the external counter while the SQO only controls the separate voltage output to an actuator, this is O:1.0, when forced on then O:0.0 works, I'm just wondering why the output in rung 3 won't activate when the R6:0 is closed

R6.0 controls what step you are on in the SQO statement to change from the start step to the next you will need to increment that value at the R6.0 location. Here is an example of how you can manipulate R6.O in this case depending on what pump conditions I want I directly mdify the R6.O data table to activate the correct data line I want

its an incorrect usage of R6.0 can you post your entire program including the details under the SQO display special as well as what conditions you want for which out put for SQO to control.

from the looks of it you want to control SQO to the next step when T4:0 is done. Use the T4.0 to control R6.0 this will allow SQO to goto the next step right now the timer gets done the SQO steps but does not step again

here is another example to look at in this case I have two SQO tables that uses the same outputs however different timing from one to the other usage. Take note on how R6.O is being reset the use of the OSR and how it relates to the timer T4:0

I'm sorry but I still don't fully understand what to do. Here is the actual file maybe that will help.

From the program you posted you are writing to output O:0.0/0
in two different rungs (3,7) the last instance wins. This is called double coiling, bad practice.

what conditions for your analog output in Binary do you need at each step? for SQO? and I take it you want the O.0/0 output on when all the steps are completed is this correct?

From the program you posted you are writing to output O:0.0/0
in two different rungs (3,7) the last instance wins. This is called double coiling, bad practice.

Awesum problem solved, although i feel kinda retarded at the moment... Thanks a ton for your help!! thanks too mordred, sorry for the hassle, I probly should have posted the whole code earlier:(

Awesum problem solved, although i feel kinda retarded at the moment... Thanks a ton for your help!! thanks too mordred, sorry for the hassle, I probly should have posted the whole code earlier:(

Your welcome .

And welcome to the forum.

no problem I looked over the rest and it looks like it will work the double coil was the issue I rarely use R6.O for anything other than controlling SQO its not a recommended practice to do so. However in your case its not really an issue