S7 Hardware revision compatability

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if there was a table or chart available that allows you to see which revision part numbers are compatable with older parts and if the HW config needs to be updated with the addition of the new part whilst keeping the same operation?

Im pretty tired at this point so if that makes no sense i apologise.

Cheers

bmw_apprentice

http://support.automation.siemens.com/WW/view/en/23183356
23183356_Viewer.png

Thanks for the swift reply!

As far as i can tell thats for updating the actual HW catalog. What i am trying to determine, and ill use an example, is if i had a failed module eg. 6ES7 138-4FA02-0AB0 and i went to stores and they didnt have that particular part but they did have 6ES7 138-4FA03-0AB0 how would i know if this is compatable with the old system and are there any changes i need to make. I say this are parts that we are buying old revisions for that can simply be replaced with newer revision models.

Does that make sense?

Cheers

bmw_apprentice

http://support.automation.siemens.com/WW/view/en/24480983
This module replaces the predecessor version and is spare part compatible.

The following additions and improvements have been introduced with the module:...

Compatibility
The new module is spare part compatible with the predecessor versions of the module.

This means that in the case of a replacement of an old version against the new version it is not necessary to make a change in HW-Config of STEP 7.

Last edited:
That is exactly what i need! How about for other parts? Is there an easy way we can reference this for other parts?

I am thinking of rolling this out to all our engineers so i need a fairly robust system.

Cheers for the response.

bmw_apprentice