ControlNet & DeviceNet

johnlim

Anyone can tell me where can I read about the DISADVANTAGES of ControlNet and DeviceNet? I had tried controlnet.org and odva.org, it only list Advangates NOT DISADVANTAGES. Pls Help. Thks

It is normal for someone selling something to only emphasise on the advantages. Maybe if you put some effort in it to compare the two, you could filter out the disadvantages by looking at what they don't mention.

I suspect this is a homework assignment, given to let you compare the two and think it over.

I don't know any DISADVANTAGES for them.
CTRL-Net is for control as PLC to PLC to OP-Panels etc.
DEV-Net is field-bus for field devices as detectors, VFDs etc.