Is there a way to export CLx State Values

BAJ1

When you save a ControlLogix program in RSLogix5k, it will upload the state ram from the PLC. Is there a way to export this data? It would really help in trouble-shooting some abysmal OEM programming....

Some progress. In the tag monitor window, CTRL-A then CTRL-C will copy all visible values into the clipboard which pastes nicely into Excel. The problem is arrays and structures (anything with a "+" next to it). You have to expand all of them in order to get the values with this method. Of course, there really aren't any non-structure variables in the OEM code. Doh!

If you download the code into the emulator, you could use the tag upload download tool to grab the tag values.

Thanks for the tips! I don't have the emulator loaded on my laptop, but I'll keep that one in my bag of tricks. I thought I had looked in the L5K before an not seen values, I guess I was wrong. Not a real clean solution because of the required text editing and parsing, but it is doable!

I also found that if you have the controller tags window open and select Edit-Expand All, it does expand everything. I don't know why, but I always thought that was just for the Controller Organizer window. Anyway, with all the tags expanced, the CTRL-A, CTRL-C will copy all the tags with values. It makes for a nice clean paste into Excel. However, if you want program-scope tag values too, you'd need to do this for each program as well.

Have a great weekend!
-Brad