Help Copying Rockwell Master Disk

liebsce

I need to make backups of my Master Disk. I've tried
COPYQM and WinImage6.1 with no luck. See attached bmp of
error I get. Thanks in advance for you help.

master disk

Do an internet search for diskfactory32. Download it and install it. You can use this to copy the master disks. The later versions of everlock simply make a non-standard format which diskfactory does not have any problems duplicating. ALWAYS REMEMBER YOU PURCHASED A CERTAIN NUMBER OF INSTALL COUNTS. IF YOU INSTALL THIS PRODUCT ON MORE MACHINES, YOU WILL BE IN VIOLATION OF THE LAW.

I am not telling you that copying of Master Disk is good, but COPYQM with CQMENU works just fine.

Use it to make backup of you legal copies.
Floppy is floppy, it fails very likely.

I use DiskFactory32 to make backup copies of my Rockwell Software license disks. The originals live in little fire safe in the basement.

I discussed this with an RSI support guy once, and he pointed out that you're well within your rights to make backups of the activations. The license agreement refers to usage of the software product, not the activation disks.

Contr_Conn said:
I am not telling you that copying of Master Disk is good, but COPYQM with CQMENU works just fine.

Use it to make backup of you legal copies.
Floppy is floppy, it fails very likely.

I can confirm that these do indeed work. I wrote a simple batch program (which runs COPYQM) that I use to spit me out a replacement master disk when my authorization goes south (which it does from time to time). I think Windows defrag tends to eat authorizations.

If I remember correctly, I only needed CQMENU to generate the disk image.

If it hasn't been stressed enough, this is only to be used to make LEGAL copies!... (n)

beerchug

-Eric

I use Undisker it works in version 1.1 not later. I always keep backups as I travel a lot and unbelievable when disks that travel will eventually die. I carry backups because so do laptops. Tried to attach but too large, e-mail me and I'll send it to you. The curent version available does not work. But this one will and it keeps the disk image on the hard drive you can pull it anytime you need it.

For legitimate copying only:

I have copied all the files from the master disk (while it still contained the license) to a floppy. Then, using a boot sector editor (good old Norton Utilities works just fine), I modified the disk ID field to match the one on the Master disk...

From the looks of that error message, your master disk has become corrupted. I had this happen just the other day. All I did to fix it was format the disk, copy EVMOVE from the Rockwell Software folder to the formatted disk, then grab the activation off of whatever computer you have it on.

BTW, I'm running Win98 and I was able to use WinImage 6 to copy the disk after I did that.

I use "Floppy Image". This is a small but nice program that I use to make an image copy of almost any disk. You can store the image and make as many copies as needed. Iwould attach it but I seem to be having problems when I try.

Last edited: