Newbie needs some real help

khoekie

Hi.

I have been trying the Trafficsignal program, with sequence and wait and all. I kind of get that, but what I want to make is:
A sensor for light/dark (analog output) and an on/off button.
The on/off button you can turn a light on/off, if in on mode for 30 minutes, the sensor will take over. If it's getting dark and output value gets below X, then a timer should start and if it stays dark enough during 10 minutes, the light should come on. Then it should stay on until it gets light again, or until 11:30pm.

I have no idea where to start or how to start. I am a complete newbie and these kind of technics are not really my cup of tea. So anyone that can help? Even just parts of the solution would help me out. O, I use v2.3 of CoDeSys by ABB, if that's important to know.

Best place to start is get organized with what your machine needs to do.
Use If then else statements and just start writing the features you want your machine to have. then convert that to whatever program your using.
I don't really understand you wanting to use the light sensor though Also I think you meant analog input.
Post what you have so far and you'll get a better response to individual efforts.

Okay, I can do that, thanks.

I'll try a little more simpler, so I really understand what's going on.

I'll try the following, with visualization:
Check if a light has power if so, display a green box, if not display a red box.

In a program it would end up something like:

var input
input bool
var output
red bool
green bool

do while "endless"
if input = high
green = true
red = false
else input = low
green = false
red = true
endif
do next

Now can I just put this into 1 PLC_PRG as a FB, or do I need more coding?

Thanks Scott.

I understand that. What I want now is to program this in CoDeSys 2.x

I have created this:

GroteFoto-G6SAOKJP.jpg

Basically if somewhere there is a problem with the electricity and therefore light gets no 230V, then it will show the alarm.

But now I want not a analog input, but just high/low. If high, there's electricity, so all fine, if low, no electricity and show the alarm. I can not seem to find that "box"?