WinCC Flex RT and OPC server on the same PC

silviu_r

Hello,

I have a question regarding an application that I have to make in the near future.
I have 12 intelligent slaves (VIPA 214DP) that will communicate with one Siemens CPU 315PN/DP over Profibus.
I have a PC HMI with WinCC Flexible RT that will comunicate with CPU315PN/DP over Ethernet.
Until this point all is clear.
The problem that I have is the next one: I have to install an OPC server to send information to another system that centralize all the alarms from this building, including my system(refrigeration plant). I want to install the WinCC Flex RT and the OPC server on the same PC. Is this posible? If it is possible what OPC server sollution do you propose?

I hope you can help me,
Silviu

Hi

WinCC flexible runtime has its own OPC server, that can be installed with the runtime engine.
In your wincc project under "Device Settings" select Function as OPC server, If you want the runtime to function as the OPC server.

Stop !
The OPC Server for WinCC Flex only grants access to the tags that have been configured in the WinCC Flex project. Only select this option if you want to limit the access to the target PLC for some reason.

To the original question:
You can install both WinCC Flex RT and the OPC Server on the same PC.
The OPC Server can be Siemens Simatic Softnet IE LEAN, and it can be a 3rd party such as KepWare or Deltalogic.
In case of Siemens Softnet IE Lean, both WinCC Flex PC RT and the OPC Server can be integrated into one and same "PC Station". This has some additional advantages.