Wierd problem SLC 5/05

IrishJerk

I got a 5/05 that keeps faulting on the proceser and the ethernet channel at the same time it has 2 PV1000 on it and is attached to a managed switch. We know for sure it is not the Processor or the PV 1000's anyone ever seen this wierd problem before? Next swap will be my wimpy AB powersupply "Low Voltage or the rack ? I Dunno :cool:

Definitely check power supply first. I just got done troubleshooting an intermittent problem with CompactLogix faulting out. Kept getting analog card hardware fault with no details. The funny thing was that it would be on a different card each time. With 2 analog in cards and 2 anolog out cards, it would fault on a different one each time. Eventually we found that when certain processes took place it would drag down the voltage going to the analog card and depending on what we were reading at that scan is what would fault the processor. Changed power supply (external) and all was well again.

If your processor is faulting have you checked the fault code?
Nope I use it for DH485 for a screen and it takes to long to configure my laptpop to talk to it I have thought about it I may have to .........Im usually not the one troble shooting the anomaly and some of my new guys cant figure out how to do it even reading my fancy procediure with screen shots LOL:eek:

Nope I use it for DH485 for a screen and it takes to long to configure my laptpop to talk to it I have thought about it I may have to .........Im usually not the one troble shooting the anomaly and some of my new guys cant figure out how to do it even reading my fancy procediure with screen shots LOL:eek:

Why not use the Ethernet port to connect and check the error status?