Siemens newbie looking for a beginner's tutorial

wildswing

Hey fellas,

We just bought a used machine that's run by an S7-300. Our facility, however. is all AB, so our plan is to convert. I have a copy of the program in PDF (I also have the Simatic file itself but no software). Unfortunately, I have no experience with Siemens at all. Luckily the program is pretty much all simple ladder logic so most of it is simple to interpret. I need to find a basic beginner's tutorial. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Conrgratulations, you wont regret converting all that AB rubbish to a real PLC system.
pull.gif
2MFISH2.gif
animfishman1.gif

:whistle:

Thanks for the links Saperov.

I see I must register to download from the Siemens website. I have not do this yet. I assume this is just a formality and does not commit me to anything. Is that correct?

Thanks for the links Saperov.

I see I must register to download from the Siemens website. I have not do this yet. I assume this is just a formality and does not commit me to anything. Is that correct
?

Do you even have Step7 installed??

There's samples and a getting started manuals already there

Go under Simatic - and find the documentation folder

Read read read