Is there interest in a 3S/CoDeSys users group in North America?

What is one supposed to run it on? Some exotic German hardware? A PC?

As soon as someone finds a way to port it to Allen-Bradley, Omron or GE hardware, it will become very relevant. Until then, no.

(PS: Hi, Norm :) )

What is one supposed to run it on? Some exotic German hardware? A PC?

I don't know what I would call exotic anymore...

Eaton bought Moeller...(and MicroInnovation). Maybe we will have some exotic American branded hardware to run CoDeSys based solutions on in the not too distant future.

Hi Ladder. I thought you liked Beckhoff which looks to be based on CoDeSys... :p

Yeah, Codesys is just base, Then there is some 60+ manufacturers that use it to program their plc. Like ABB, Beckhoff, Festo etc. Some like to name it new, like Beckhoff has done with naming it TwinCat.