Inductive Automation Ignition in the UK

SCUBA NooB

Hi,
Just wondering if anyone in the UK has started to use Ignition by Inductive Automation and if so how's it going. Been trialling it myself and it's looking promising but ideally a UK based training course or demo would be what I need right now.

Thanks

im in the US and have been demoing also. I like it so far but the transition from wonderware has been tough. I find wonderware much easier to configure. even the most basic stuff seems overcomplicated in ignition.

I'm coming from a background of Panelviews with some knowledge of PARAGON TNT Scada package so I'm a bit of a novice. Having never used systems like Wonderware, Iconics etc etc I'm curious as to how Ignition looks to people that have. Does the low cost, unlimited tags & clients actually come at a price? or is it fact worth the steep learning curve. I'm currently playing with on-line SQL search's like SELECT, FROM and WHERE. Yes, the basics for most boffins on this site, but is this normally expected to be able to install and develop a modern Scada package. All responses appreciated no matter how small, thanks.

SCADA Noob - I think that you'll find Panelview-style projects to be simple to configure with Ignition once you get started in the right direction. Most objects (buttons, indicators, text fields, etc) can be dragged and dropped from the SQLTags tree. You won't need to write your own SQL queries unless you have complex requirements (MES/ERP type applications).

I'd recommend signing up for a live 30 minute product demo

https://www.inductiveautomation.com/webdemo

They'd be happy to show you what I'm referring to and answer your questions.