Panelview 1000

fishenguy

I have a system with a SLC 5/04 AB CPU.
This had two Panelview 1000s, Cat. #2711-T10G8, using DH+ Comm.
One of the Panelviews crapped out and was sent out for repairs.
In the meantime,I found a Panelview 1000, Cat. #2711-T10C3X on our shelf. This has comm. ports for DH485 and RS232.
Can I somehow program (through Panelbuilder 32)the one I found on our shelf to work with the SLC 5/04 and the other Panelview still in use?
If so, please let me know what cable I need to run between it and the PLC.

Thanks, Dave

Thanks for your quick reply, BLAMB,but what I'm getting at is, can I have both Panelviews connected at the same time to the SLC 5/04 using two different comms?

Thanks for your quick reply, BLAMB,but what I'm getting at is, can I have both Panelviews connected at the same time to the SLC 5/04 using two different comms?

Yes, one on the SLC/04' DH+ port and one on the SLC5/04's serial port.

Your SLC5/04's serial port will have to be configured for DH485. You are also going to need a 1761-NET-AIC ( see picture below). With proper cables.

Note the RS232 port on your spare PV cannot be used to upload/download a program,
its for a printer only. You can use the 1761-NET-AIC to program the PV with the
1747-PIC/AIC+ driver in RsLinx ( need a real serial port for this driver)

Or get a 1747-UIC (USB to DH485 converter) for programming.

Or just wait for the old one to be repaired.

SLCPVconnection.jpg

Last edited: