Using S7 SFB47 twice for one encoder

p17061

Hello,

I have a system where I want to monitor some motors to make sure they are running and if not generate an alarm. The PLC is already using the SFB47 count function to look at the encoder that is connected to the CPU313-C's integrated encoder channels. The counter is only enabled during certain times so I don't want to use it's "count value" since it will be stopped during certain machine states. I want to know if I can use the SFB47 block again somewhere else in the program with the same encoder but using a different "count value" address and in that block keep the counter enabled all of the time. I will then check the count value to make sure it is always moving and if not, generate an alarm. Since the counter will be enabled all the time, do I need to make programming for rollover or will it automatically rollover so I do not need to do anything?

Thanks,

Pete