Intellution FIX32 Software

tiQ

hi...im doing a project on monitoring lighting system using SCADA
the software im using is the Intellution FIX32...

For the project, im drawing the system layout on Intellution FIX by which push-button was assign as the switch to control ON/OFF function of the electrical device which is a fluorescent lamp. im trying to interface my design layout with the SCADA computer but no idea where to start with..i would appreciate if anyone could help me....

*As for the interface medium, im using VIPA 253 IDP00 PROFIBUS Slave and for the input/output devices: SM231 Analog Input and SM222 Digital Output

If you have the Fix32 CD and normally installed the software. Look for "Quick-Start Tutorial"
"Treasure Chest" and "Sample System" (demo)

thanks for ur help...
i've been followed all the tutorial n manage to come up with my own design...

fyi, my intention is to control the switching of the light from the design system, so since my design system is ready..may i noe how to communicate the design system to my hardware...is it involve addressing?? kindly advise....

thanks for ur help...
i've been followed all the tutorial n manage to come up with my own design...

fyi, my intention is to control the switching of the light from the design system, so since my design system is ready..may i noe how to communicate the design system to my hardware...is it involve addressing?? kindly advise....

Sorry, no help here. I'm not familiar with your PLC or its protocol.
Hopefully those that are will jump in.

To communicate with the VIPA 253 IDP00 PROFIBUS Slave
You will need some kind of communication card in your PC that works as a profibus master. What communication card do you have? does it have a OPC driver then you should be able to use the FIX OPC driver to communicate. I believe it eas included for free in the demo FIX software.

To communicate with the VIPA 253 IDP00 PROFIBUS Slave
You will need some kind of communication card in your PC that works as a profibus master. What communication card do you have? does it have a OPC driver then you should be able to use the FIX OPC driver to communicate. I believe it eas included for free in the demo FIX software.

yup, i already installed the OPC driver, together with the SyCon...
may i noe what the difference if i use either the SIM driver or the CIF driver..which one better?
another thing...how bout the addressing...does it have specific format?

The SIM driver is a simulated driver that doesn't talk to any physical hardware. It is often used for calcualations and whatnot.

You'll need to setup the OPC driver to speak w/ the local OPC server you have talking to your hardware.

Dravik: how to setup the OPC driver?...im totally a newbee in using the software..would appreciate if u can explain me further

Well, I don't have Fix32 installed atm but I do have iFix 5.0. The details may differ slightly so ymmv there.

First you need to make sure the OPC server talking to your plc is up and running on the system you are running Fix32 on. It could be running on a remote system.. but then you get to deal w/ the fun of DCOM.. so i really don't recommend that until you are pretty comfortable w/ the whole thing.

Next, Open up the SCU for Fix32 and under the configure menu select SCADA.

On the SCADA screen you should have SCADA Support = Enable and under the Configured I/O Drivers section you will probably have just SIM. If you also have OPC listed, skip to the next step, otherwise hit the [...] box next to I/O Driver Name and choose the OPC Client driver.(If this isn't listed, hunt down a driver disk and install it, I *think* it came w/ the default Fix32 7.0 install however).

Highlight the OPC driver under *Configured I/O Drivers* and select configure. It should bring a new window up which asks "Use Local OPC client driver , Use Remote OPC client driver" select the radio box next to local and hit Connect at the bottom.

This will bring up yet another window, the OPC power tool window to be exact.

Here you go to the bottom left and click on the +plug icon(mouseover text reads Add a new OPC server), again leave the radio box selected to Use Local OPC server and hit next at the bottom, this will then scan your system for all running OPC servers it can talk too.
Find the OPC server you wish to connect too(the one you setup earlier to talk to your PLC), highlight it, and click finish.

This will add that server to the system. You can now add a group, then under that group add the items you wish to see in Fix32. little harder to explain from here, but the documentation should get you by.

Fix32 did not have the OPC driver included in the standard package (this is an old product). It is very possible that you will not have OPC available. If this is the case then the solution is to use DDE if your OPC server supports it. The fix DDE driver is easy to set up and works well and very reliably. We have Fix32 systems with thousands of DDE tags and they run 24/7 without any problems (with RSLinx) other than the fact that the start up time for the system is quite lengthy.