Delta RMC151 Ethernet Comms

yamangold

1st time using a Delta motion controller. Trying to communicate to it over ethernet using RMCTools, but the connection keeps dropping about 30 seconds after power up. Connection will not work until after next power cycle. Simply pinging the controller shows the same results, no reply 30 seconds after power up.

I have tried many different ethernet settings on the RMC; from using DHCP to static, auto neg or fixed 100/full or 10/half... nothing seems to effect this problem.

Any ideas? I am really hoping it is something simple I am missing with the RMC..
Thanks!

Send the event log to Delta Computer Systems tech support. You may need to be connected with a USB cable to do this but if this is repeatable as you say then you should only need to do this once.

Also, you can select Controller->View Communication Statistics to get more information.

Leave everything else in default mode except for the IP address and whether you are using a static IP address or DHCP.

Is this a PLC to RMC communication failure or a RMCTools to RMC communication failure?

It is best to call 360-254-8688. The tech support guys are lonely and need a challenge today.