Serial Device Server over VPN

jgreenewv

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have a customer that is currently monitoring equipment at a remote site using a leased line. They will have Internet service available in the next month, and want to look at switching over to communicating over the Internet. Unfortunately, moving to an Ethernet-based platform is not an option right now. My first thought was to set up a VPN and use a serial device server, but I had some hesitations due to latency issues and such. Has anyone set up anything similar to this configuration that could share some advice? Thanks.

Joe

Similar Topics

Hi fellow Control experts, I have been playing with a ATOP SW5001 Ethernet to serial converter. Got it talking through ethernet then serial to a...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I am a college student currently working on my senior year engineering capstone project. As part of this project, I have been given an...
Replies
Views
Hello All, I am trying to connect an Allen Bradley PLC (1769-L16ER-BB1B Complactlogix) to a serial device using an HMS EN2SE-R Linking device...
Replies
Views
Hello, this is a brand new task for me. I recently bought a particulate sensor and it communicates with UART protocol or I2C protocol. It came...
Replies
Views
Good Morning All,* I have a NOM 212 00 card that I plan on using to talk to 3 Multilin 369's that are Daisy Chained on a 2 wire 485 network...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom