DeltaV and Slc500 & Controllogix

wilsonzhu

Hi all,

One of my project use deltaV as HMI communicate with Controllogix and SLC500, what's hardware required in deltaV system? Is there protocol in DeltaV system to communicate Controllogix and SLC500 directly by Ethernet?
Thanks a lot.

I suggest you get in touch with Prosoft, they make communication cards for Allen Bradley and I'm sure they have a solution for your problem.
The folks at Prosoft are very helpful also.

I worked on a Mynah "VIM" module communicating over EtherNet/IP using PCCC Unconnected messaging (SLC/PLC style addressing) to a ControlLogix just last week.

When using a messaging connection instead of an I/O object, it performs unconnected messaging only and can take up a lot of PLC resources because there is no "scan interval" setting. Specifically, there is a "scan delay" field that can be set, but it has no effect, at least in the version I was using.

We have used a Mynah VIM card to connect a ControlLogix to a DeltaV system. We use the Class 1 ENBT connection method instead of the Class 3 connection. When using the class 1 method, the VIM looks like I/O cards in a ControlLogix rack. I have not yet connected a SLC yet though. For this I would think you have to do the messaging. Visit the Mynah website and download the appropriate manuals. You can also call them. They have been very helpful in our implementations.