S7-1200

Gnook

I work in a plant where S7 products are being evaluated against those of other vendors. I want to get a single hardware and software platform and I have applications that will demand a range of technologies and price breaks to achieve a good solution, I expect to be using S7-300 and 1200 as well as D series Simotion and a couple of HMI's (TP's, and MP's). Some of the projects will only need discrete CPU's like S7-1200's and maybe a basic panel, while others projects will need a combination of Simotion and S7-300 to achieve good results.
At the moment I think that S7-1200's are programmed via Step 7 Basic but the intention is to roll up Step 7 Basic into the full Step 7 manager. I understand that as I integrate different devices I need to add in the relevant software to S7 manager. The manager however behaves like the glue keeping all the project items in one folder.
Anyone heard if this is the case? Any Siemens guys who could give an idea of timing?

S7-1200 TIA Portal Basic to incorporate the 300 and 400 series in November this year, this is only word of mouth, Siemens may change (delay) the goal posts. 300 and 400 will need the newer harware to work (i believe).