networked lighting contactors

jeff s

I have an application were I need to shut off 5 lighting circuits in one braker panel and 3 circuits in another panel that is about 5 feet away but then also need to shut off 3 circuits in a panel about 250 ft away with the same control station. is there any "smart"contactors out there? networkable were I could staple a communication cable across the roof to this remote breaker panel instead of a conduit run for control circuit.I guess im looking for a system to control lighting circuits in numerous panel from one central control? peer to peer plc? wireless? looking for suggestions
Thanks in advance
, Jeff

I have an application were I need to shut off 5 lighting circuits in one braker panel and 3 circuits in another panel that is about 5 feet away but then also need to shut off 3 circuits in a panel about 250 ft away with the same control station. is there any "smart"contactors out there? networkable were I could staple a communication cable across the roof to this remote breaker panel instead of a conduit run for control circuit.I guess im looking for a system to control lighting circuits in numerous panel from one central control? peer to peer plc? wireless? looking for suggestions
Thanks in advance
, Jeff
It's been a while but I remember Rockwell selling Device Net MCC components.
I'm sure other networks are available (other manufacturers as well), just never had a need for.

I would look at the EASY 800 smart relay range from Moeller and let those switch your contactors. You can network up to 8 of them together using standard ethernet cables with a maximum distance of 1km. You can control all of them from one device, or you can let each device have some control itself. Each unit can have 6 relay outputs with 12 inputs but is expandable. They are easy to program and if you want you can also use the EASY MFD in the network that has an inbuilt HMI. List price in the US is about $380 each. Moeller are now part of the Eaton group.

http://www.moeller.net/en/products_solutions/motor_applications/control/easy/index.jsp#800

http://www.moeller.net/en/products_solutions/motor_applications/control/easy_hmi_mfd-titan/index.jsp

Bryan