Allen Bradley IMC "compact motion controler"

Eng.Abdo

hey guys, i have IMC S class, the problem is it's power supply get damage every period of time, duiring this month we have changed 3 power supply, all in order not to stop our product line
- why the power supply is getting damage?
- can the damaged power supply be fix?
- finally what is the best i should do?

thanks
:oops:

hey guys, i have IMC S class, the problem is it's power supply get damage every period of time, duiring this month we have changed 3 power supply, all in order not to stop our product line
- why the power supply is getting damage?
- can the damaged power supply be fix?
- finally what is the best i should do?

thanks
:oops:
I'd say check your incoming power supply to the system.
Voltage over/under and spikes.
I would use a line filter to start with and work on the incoming supply to the system

I'd say check your incoming power supply to the system.
Voltage over/under and spikes.
I would use a line filter to start with and work on the incoming supply to the system

thanks,
i check that
also regarding that damage PS, is it possible to fix?

thank you

AB IMC Controller

Hi Abdo,

Hence the IMC is getting obsolete, why not switching to the GMC controller, it is more reliable, besides you can download the same program code.

Cheers
Hagos

Needing to replace 3 power supplies in one month is definitely NOT normal. You need to review the whole design of your system, starting at the incoming power and protection devices.

Hi Abdo,

Hence the IMC is getting obsolete, why not switching to the GMC controller, it is more reliable, besides you can download the same program code.

Cheers
Hagos

The S-Class is much more reliable than the 1394 GMC system in my experience.

Most likely, you need an UPS or at least a line filter as suggected to protect that power supply.

IIRC, there's a pico fuse on the PS 24volt side that can be replaced if a field device exceeds the current rating of the supply. It is best to fuse it separately so that you don't have to disassemble anything if it should blow. I would check for that fuse before spending money on repairs.