Factory default on red lion Data station plus

wazzajnr

Hi guys,

Still battling to get G310 to talk to unidrive so the sales rep brought in a data station plus as this was compatible with crimson 3 which has a preconfigured driver for unidrive.

I have loaded my project to the DSP and it was working albeit still with no comms to the drive. Now, when i try to connect via USB to make changes, it won't connect.
If you power down and back up the unit, G3 loader shows up in windows device manager whilst the unit boots then it dissapears so i suspect that some internal code has become corrupted and is causing the ports to shut down.

Is there any way to default a DSP back to the factory default without any programming connection to it??

Thanks

Paul

Unfortunately not. After the Loader driver disappears, does anything else show up, maybe something listed as Unknown or Other Device?

What does the STS LED on the unit do after this?

Regards
Dan

Status light goes solid green and there is nothing in the device manager that could be the screen.
We have solved it after getting an email back from Will Weyant at your tech support. (Couldn't get through to the UK Tech line, just kept getting bounced back to answering machine in netherlands)

He told us to do a "Dummy" downoad half sec after power up and this has solved it. We have since found that if we download a project using crimson2, it is fine but as soon as we download with Crimson3 we get the USB port locked out. We want to use crimson3 as it has the pre-configured modbus drivers and this allows us bit level access to the parameters. Using C2 we would have to use gateway blocks which from what i can se are uni-directional.

2 things strike me,
1:- Would it make sense in future to have a reset switch/jumper on the motherboard to clear the memory?
2:- Is the USB driver not suitable for C3?

RE Comms, we now have this working using 2 wire. We were pairing up the TXA/RXA and TXB/RXB at the RL end as per the CT diagram. We have now just got TXA and TXB connected to TXA/RXA and TXB/RXB respectively and it appears to work.

Thanks again for your help Dan

Paul
Thanks

1. I agree, hopefully the next revision of the hardware will include something to clear the memory.

2. Yes, the driver is the same for C3.

Regards,
Dan

Dan,

It seems to write the device firmware then hangs at "Stopping runtime" Once that happens, we can't get back on with anything until we force a download whilst still in bootloader mode from powerup.
Any ideas?

Paul

That sounds like there is a problem with the database that is loaded into the unit, that is causing it to hang. Does the same thing happen when you load a very simple database with a single tag? If it works with a simple database, could you send the one giving you the problem?

Regards,
Dan

Dan,

Using a simple database in crimson 2 is how we recovered the unit. We then tried our normal database in C3 and got the problem again. We then unlocked and tried a simple 1 internal tag DB (In C3) and still it locks up.

We've also got the original G310 showing an invalid database and can't seem to reset this either!!

Not been a good week so far!!!

Thanks
Paul

The G310 will show that if there is no database in the unit. Does it show up under device manager?

As far as the DSP, I have a feeling it is a problem with your program, and if I am correct, we can fix it. Could you send it to me via email (dany at redlion.net)? After I check it out, I should be able to provide a utility to get it unstuck.

Regards,
Dan

I'll send the DSP Prog through to you, Both the basic i tag one and the one which originall locked us up.

Re the G310, there has been a database in it with no probs.
If i make a new project with a G310 and try to send it, i get either "ERROR-No reply from remote device" Or "ERROR-Failed to send USB request" The G3 HMI is in device manager.
If however i make a new project for G310V2 i get an incompatible message so there appears to be some communication going on.

Regards

paul

I had the exact same thing happen to me some time ago, although I had to figure out the solution myself since nobody was familiar with the problem at that time. In my case, the DSPLE was not compatible with Crimson 3. Now it is, and that same DSPLE that previously was not compatible now works. Check the date code compatibility on any older units before you download; there is a list maintained by Red Lion on their website.

DSPL Error please help

Hello!

I have a probleto solve. I want to connect my data station plus and configure it with crimson 3
My problem is the unit is every time in reboot mode. I read here that I have to switch on the power and do a dummy download. Really fast and that I hav eto try it often.
It is not working.
I am trying it since days. Th STS LED is steady on and starts flickering after 10 seconds maybe and than stops and lickers again.

It starts just after switching in and hitting the download button, that the firmware starts and the configure version is gonna be testetd. Than ERROR no connection to the target device.
Is there some other way to reboot. Via flashcard maybe?

The USB is switching On and Off like it was explained in another thread. So the HMIdriver is there and gone and there and gone. I checked the cable and everything. I changed and deinstalled the driver etc.

Now.... I need help pleas

Hello,

You can load from a CF card. You will have to open your file and choose File > Save image and name the file image.ci3. Cycle power to the unit and it should load from the card.

Thanks
Jeremy