What's wrong with RSlinx?

Shawn

Hi everybody!! It's a hard time, so I'm learn A_B SLC 500 PLC programing as a new skill. I got the master disk to active the RSlogix(No actvation, but it can works as emergency). If I only install the RSlogix, the software will search A disk for start, and it works very well. I installed RSlinx for online mode. After the installation of RSlinx, when I click RSlogix to make start, the software does'nt search A disk for the activation. So the RSlogix donesn't work, the RSlinx works very well.

Could you please give me any advice? Thanks!!

Huh?...

OK, I'm really confused... :confused:

You have no activation (license) on the master disk, so how does RSLogix work (regardless whether RSLinx is installed)???

beerchug

-Eric

The OS is Windows ME. The connect divice is 1747-pic, the cpu of PLC is SLC 5/01/

In Rslogix, if you moved activation to one computer's hard disk, you can also use the master floppy disk to active another copy of RSlogix, A-B allow us to use-this non activation disk to active the Rslogix for emergency.

Chech to see if the parameter "KEYDISK=true" in ROCKSOFT.INI, if it says false it will search the hard drive and not the A: drive for the activation files.

Shawn said:
In Rslogix, if you moved activation to one computer's hard disk, you can also use the master floppy disk to active another copy of RSlogix, A-B allow us to use-this non activation disk to active the Rslogix for emergency.

Is that so? That is certainly news to me...

And please find a way to get rid of ME. Of all the things that suck about Microsoft, this one is the worst. If XP is too risky, Win2000 is stable and inexpensive these days.

LadderLogic said:
Is that so? That is certainly news to me...

Sure enough, it is. In the back of the "Getting Results Guide" it talks about activation. Specifically:

• If you cannot obtain a reset code immediately, follow these instructions to use the Master disk to activate the software as a temporary solution.

To use the Master disk to activate software:

1. Set the KEYDISK environment variable to TRUE.

2. Insert your Master disk in the floppy drive.

3. Run your software as usual. Your software will find the activation on the master disk.
beerchug

-Eric

Wow, it's never late to learn something... I think I've been just lucky not to ever lose the hard drive activation.

Now I can go to bed a bit smarter than an hour ago: the day was not spent in vain. ;)