PICS Simulation for PCS7 - who long does it take

FrancisL

Hi folks. I am looking at a large PCS project estimate.
One thing I am trying to get an idea about it how long it should take to get a PICS simulation up and running.
Approx size is 700io representing 300 valves, 35 tanks, 40 motors.
Any idea would be appreciated, thanks
Francis

Well I did a project (existing system) where I needed to simulate for training purposes, I used kepware as the opc server & by importing the variables from a GXIEC Developer project it took me about 3 days to get the main valves/motors etc. up & running, however as this was a large process (800+valves, 42 motors, 60+ analogs 8 plc's) (only used master & 1 slave to simulate)I needed to simulate weights/flows/temperatures etc. this took about another 3 days.
maybe this will give you some idea, however I was at an advantage as I knew the process inside out.

Thanks parky, just what I was hoping for. As I will have all the io, valves etc in a database I can generate a csv, Excel or whatever of them. You seem to be saying that you can import them into PICS, is that right?
Furthermore I have already got Graphic designs and can generate lists of the devices with their XY coordinates for each graphic - might it be possible to import that too?

Yes, not sure what version you are using but I have the version with optional opc if you create an export of a few tags in pics as a csv then look at it you will see the format then inport the tags into a spreadsheet, format them into the correct format then save as a csv import them into pics or depends on your opc server but you could import the tags into there, then browse them from pics & import.