connecting 1756-EBNET to rslogix

jiten84

hi guys,

i having troble with connecting 1756-ENBT to Rslogix 5k

when i try to connect it shows (192.x.x.x unrecognized device, 1756-ENBT/A)

i installed new eds. file to rslinx aswell.

i am able to connect through RS-232 only problem with ethernet

i am using my company laptop where firewall setting are permenent enable..... can make problem?

can any one suggest what is going wrong with this?

Since two guys having the same problem, let start with basics:
- can you Ping ENBT?
- if not, post IPCONFIG results and what message scrolls on ENBT dispaly.

if you can ping then open webpage of ENBT in Internet Explorer, use "browse chassis", navigate to processor and post screenshot here

also is your laptop network adaptor configured for the correct subnet and IP range this oft times is a greater interferance than the firewalls

also is your laptop network adaptor configured for the correct subnet and IP range this oft times is a greater interferance than the firewalls

Yes, I changed my PC

Since two guys having the same problem, let start with basics:
- can you Ping ENBT?
- if not, post IPCONFIG results and what message scrolls on ENBT dispaly.

if you can ping then open webpage of ENBT in Internet Explorer, use "browse chassis", navigate to processor and post screenshot here
I set it down on the 'get back to later rack' so I need to find it again.... when powered up everything scrolls correct and the LED's flash correct

I did not try to ping, just got as far as the 'unrecognized device' in RSLinx then shut it off

Thanks!! I will be back tonight (I hope) with the answers

Mark,
When you do another test, can you tell is you see:
"?" only or
"?" with RED "X" ?

This will determine future steps

jiten84:
Right click on ENBT is RSlinx and select: "Upload EDS from device" - must have RSlinx 2.51 of higher to do it

jiten84:
Right click on ENBT is RSlinx and select: "Upload EDS from device" - must have RSlinx 2.51 of higher to do it
i have tried to upload EDS from device but it atomatically serch the path of my local drive and endup with "no files found".

and i am able to ping the ip, can you tell me how to browse ENBT through my IE?

To view the diagnostic web pages of a 1756-ENBT, just type the IP address of the module into the address bar of any Web browser.

I've never had the upload EDS file feature not work on a 1756-ENBT (v4 and up) with RSLinx Classic. Strange.

The web browser view will tell you what firmware revision you are running, so you can manually download and register the EDS file for certain.

Which RSLinx Classic driver are you running; the "Ethernet devices" driver or the "EtherNet/IP" driver ?

it atomatically serch the path of my local drive
It means you are doing something wrong - "Upload EDS from device" does not browse your local hard drive.
Try to delete HARMONY files: see tn48241 for details

What version of Rslinx you have?
What version of ENBT you have?