power systems

You need
to look at the motor label on compressor to get starting current on compressor motor and other motor parameters

Discharge pressure on compressor and CFM

some data on the installation including
distance from power source to compressor starter
distance from starter to compressor
Ambient temperature
Elevation
How compressor runs ie start then stop or start load then unload

OR
Send us crystal ball and we will figure it all out for you.

Dan Bentler

If you have to get on a forum to ask a question like this (especially being that vague), then chances are VERY VERY good that you shouldn't be doing ANY wiring on ANYTHING of ANY sort......EVER.

At 40 KW, size is big enough where there are few options. Assuming a normal installation.
Voltage in Ghana is 415/50Hz. 40KW compressor has a 3 phase 50 HP motor.
4 AWG for a short run of 3 meters or less. 2 AWG for longer.
Voltage fluctuates in Ghana. A VFD is mandatory, and this what you would use to control it. Look up 'VFD for 50 HP motor', and use the info from the VFD manufacturer to determine details of the installation.