315F PN to 315 PN Communication- Master/Slave

PLC

I am putting together a system and I want to pass data back and forth (really just I's and Q's). With profibus I typically make one a master and the other a slave. I then network the two stations together under configured stations in the HW catalog. Easy

I dont see this with profinet. Am I missing something?
I thought about i-map and CBA but I would rather use the above master-slave

Ideas?

Unfortunately, PN CPUs can only be Profinet IO Controllers, not IO Devices.
So something similar to DP master-slave is not possible.

You could setup either an S7 connection, and send the data via PUT/GET blocks.
Or you could use the TCON/TSEND/TRCV/TDISCON blocks to send via UDP, TCP or ISo_On_TCP connections.
And then there is iMap too as you suggest.

You can also use FB12 (Bsend) and FB13 (Brcv) to send data back and forth, I've just done exactly that to pass a limited amount of data between two PLC's. I'm sure there is a "How To" and a downloadable example on the Siemens web site but I can't seem to find it. Just make sure you get the correct versions of FB12 and FB13 or it just doesn't work... as I discovered.

Nick