Index register in melsoft plc

Hi,
In Mitsubishi you can use the index register to change a device number, e.g.:

z2 := 2;
M2Z2 :=0; (*i.e. sets M2+2, M4 = 0*)

Does anyone know if you can use this with bit number addresses, i.e.

D0.1 , then shift to access D2.1 or D0.3.

This would be very useful as i'm trying to convert from S7 to MELSOFT. Any help would be much appreciated...
Thanks

As far as I know this is not possible, however you can move a register into bits & back using mov D4 k4 M100 this moves the 16 bits of D4 to M100-1015 so by indirect addressing using the Z registers you could load Dxx into Mxx set the bit required then move them back or even vice versa.
also you could use masks to set or reset bits in words

Similar Topics

My base address all work fine. The problem starts when I set the Index from 0 to an offset. I get a "PLC No Response" error. So say my Base...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have searched the Forum and googled this without any results that I can use. What is so important and the use of the Index Register S:24...
Replies
Views
Using GX Developer For a fx3u processor I can use the index registers e.g. LD M300Z1 When I try to use the same line with fx3g it throws up a...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have 5 similar consumers (panels exter) located in 5 different locations in the factory connected to a single compaclogix controller...
Replies
Views
I've been using S:24 in SLC 500 programs. It has allowed me to really shorten some of my programs. I haven't had any trouble, but there must be...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom