down grade

Not to my knowledge about the oly option is to get the client to upgrade or hopefully he only wishes to see the logix if so you can export and print as a PDF however I do not beleive there is any way to save as a lower version

I though that the big difference between these versions was that 8.1 supports the newest processors that weren’t around when 7.10 came out. If you changed the processor in the code to an older style, could the customer then open the file?

get the client to upload the program on a machine using the older version and then import the documentation in.

or install version 7 on your machine and do it yourself if thats possible

The method is described in knowledgebase note 8918 (this is open to everyone). It basically is saving to the ACH format including exporting all the database files also. Then opening with the older version.

You can save the file as an archive file (.ach), and then the older software should be able to open it. In case that doesn't work, you can export the databse, have the older software go online by uploading, and then import the databse and save the file.