Win CC Alarm Messages

Eng.Abdo

i am having 2 project " A-Mill and C-MILL" and both are linked to one server "S7 300".

my objective is to copy the A-MILL (connection, Tags, graphics and alarm messages in C-MILL)
i am done with the first three parts and i have already import the alarm of A-MILL to C-MILL

now what i want is when i monitor and control the screen of A MILL, I want only the alarm messages of A MILL to appear, and when i want to monitor and control the Screen of C MILL i want the Alarm Message of C Mill to appear.... how can i separate both alarm messages while they are in one project?

please help me

thanks

Make each screen alarm have its own address, then just make a
bit that allows only the screen in command to reach the output to that address when the screen you want to view is pulled up.

I take it you have a button to switch between screens, so use that tag to set which screen is in control

Make each screen alarm have its own address, then just make a
bit that allows only the screen in command to reach the output to that address when the screen you want to view is pulled up.

I take it you have a button to switch between screens, so use that tag to set which screen is in control

thanks Jeramiah, and yes i do have 2 button, one for project a and another for project b, the thing is how i give a specific address to each screen.. please can you help me with more explanation.

thanks

If you select your Alarm Window in WinCC, and open the properties for it, under the heading for "properties" beneath "General" there is a selection for "Filter." If I understand your quandary, what you'll want to do is set up either a tag assignment, or a simple string filter for the difference in the Alarms between Machine A and Machine B.

Of course, this will only work if all the Alarms for each particular machine have a universal string that binds them all together, i.e. - "Machine A Blah blah blah blah Fault One", and "Machine B Blah Blah Blah Blah Fault Forty Two."

If you select your Alarm Window in WinCC, and open the properties for it, under the heading for "properties" beneath "General" there is a selection for "Filter." If I understand your quandary, what you'll want to do is set up either a tag assignment, or a simple string filter for the difference in the Alarms between Machine A and Machine B.

Of course, this will only work if all the Alarms for each particular machine have a universal string that binds them all together, i.e. - "Machine A Blah blah blah blah Fault One", and "Machine B Blah Blah Blah Blah Fault Forty Two."

thanks man i will try this out.