".cha"

kandanews

Lifetime Supporting Member
can someone tell me in what equipment a .cha file (panelview) is used for? and what can i do to modify it so i can use it on my own panelview?

(this file is from one of rockwells sample download files for an HMI file).

Thank You.

Ken Edwards

This extension is for the Panelview Component series. Won't help you with a Panelview Standard or Panelview Plus.

If your Panelview is a component I'd advise you to run away very fast.

thanks

thanks everyone.

I am using a Panelview plus 700. and I was trying to use a HMI file from one of Rockwell's "Connected Component Building Block" series thingies (great tools by the way)

obviously attempting to open it doesn't work.

Any ideas if they have the same information out there in a .apa file? for the PV+ series?

Thanks,

Ken

thanks everyone.

I am using a Panelview plus 700. and I was trying to use a HMI file from one of Rockwell's "Connected Component Building Block" series thingies (great tools by the way)

obviously attempting to open it doesn't work.

Any ideas if they have the same information out there in a .apa file? for the PV+ series?

Thanks,

Ken
When you install ME studio, there's a few apps installed with the softare.
You can use those as a starting point.

This extension is for the Panelview Component series. Won't help you with a Panelview Standard or Panelview Plus.

If your Panelview is a component I'd advise you to run away very fast.
I been hearing that a lot!!
From people in this forum as well.

Now, now. The Panelview Component is fine if:

You are only going to do ONE ... ever

You don't want to spend your beer money on software.

And you have a lot of beer to sit out the compile and download sessions.

ME installed

BK, can you elaborate a little. I have factorytalk view ME suite installed. I have an application manager app, and a ME transfer utility under the FTV tools section. and another FTV tools section with a bunch of other apps, but nothing is popping out that would seem useful in this.

Ken

Originally posted by bernie_carlton:

And you have a lot of beer to sit out the compile and download sessions.

I haven't looked into the Panelview Component much at all. But the impression I got was that the development was all done on the HMI through a browser. From the above comment I assume that is not correct.

Keith

OK - my "compile and download" are not really appropriate. But there's a step after working in the development phase until it's ready as actual working screens that remind me of the time I used to go for a cup of coffee, drink it and stare out the window while a 'C' compile was taking place. Beer is a suitable substitute.

BK, can you elaborate a little. I have factorytalk view ME suite installed. I have an application manager app, and a ME transfer utility under the FTV tools section. and another FTV tools section with a bunch of other apps, but nothing is popping out that would seem useful in this.

Ken
If you have ME Start your ME Studio or ft Studio, when the application loads and the window is open , select open project.
You'll have to choose from a list of pre-installed apps.
Choose "baggage" or something and play with it.
If you receive an APA file you'll have to use the Application Manager to "restore" project.In case you create an application of your own, you'll need to utilize the Application manager and "back Up" application.
I highly recommend NEVER delete manually or drop anything to the projects folder for ME as it will throw a fit and you may be looking into a complete re-install.
Application manager is your friend!!

If you have a tech connect contract you may want to search for pv+ appson their site.
I can attach this one, it shows you how to utilize the build in recipe plus function.
I have used it quite a few times..
Well, bad news, file size too big for the site.
Just search for "Recipe plus" on the AB site, you'll find it.

complete

Thanks everyone for the assistance on this thread. The display is up and running. (was. i did the dog and pony thing, and took it apart and put it all away. with the request to order what I need to do the actual job).

Ken