An RsLogix 500 Question:

piscis

I’m using version 7.20.00 (CPR 7) of RsLogix 500 software. When I double-click on “I/O Configuration” and from the “Current Cards Available” try to choose this cards:

1769-IF16C | Compact High-density Analog Input

For some reason it cannot be found on this list, only cards with 4 and 8 analog channels are listed.

Does anyone know how to get this card into this list so I can correctly configure my PLC rack?

I'm not sure since I don't have that version of the software but it may be that the card isn't recognized by it. Check the manual for the card and sometimes there is a code you can use to configure a card instead of picking it from a list.

The configuration in this case consists of setting the proper bits in a file so is lower level but is usually possible.

Or get a newer version of the software.

Without looking, I am going to assume you need to update your software version. I am also going to assume that that card wasn't available when V7 was released.
Sorry for all the assumptions on this Holiday weekend.

If you are trying to add a 1769-IF16C then you are probably using RSLogix5000, not 500. The 1769 series I/O is for CompactLogix.

These new high density analog modules are pretty new and they are not available for selection like the other modules.

You will need to add this module as a generic 1769 module. Here is the setup for the generic module:

1769-IF16C:
Vendor ID: 1
Product Type: 10
Product Code: 47
Data Format: Data-INT
Input Instance: 101
Input Size (16-bit words): 22
Output Instance: 100
Output Size (16-bit words): 2
Configuration Instance: 102
Configuration size (16-bit words): 98

Refer to chapter 3 (page 29) of the user manual for module configuration once you have the module added to your program.

http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/um/1769-um018_-en-p.pdf

Blamb your instructions resolved all my issues with this card. Thank you all for the help.

Excellent, glad that worked for you. I would expect a future release of RSLogix5000 to support the high density analog modules. Having to add them as the generic module can be a pain, as the configuration is not so straight forward.

Aren't the CompactLogix I/O Series the same I/O used for the MicroLogix 1500s? So he could be using RSLogix 500 too.

Aren't the CompactLogix I/O Series the same I/O used for the MicroLogix 1500s? So he could be using RSLogix 500 too.

YUP,

The OP didn't say what processor he/she was using.

But it still does not show up in the I/O config. I have Ver.8.10 (RSLoigix500)

Last edited: