Profibus DP Slave clear mode

orense

Hello,

We have a plant were we are using siemens CPU313C with a CP342-5 card set up as a passive slave. The master is a Kongsberg controller which is part of a PMS.

I am using FC-send and FC-receive to communicate with the master. The master is using the GSD file for the CP card.

This works nice at the most of the time, but occasionally the Kongsberg primary controller changes from master to redundant controller. At that point I get the status value of 5 on my DP receive block and all the values I receive are set to 0.
The Kongsberg system is receiving the data from my DP send block, no problem.

After reading the documentation for DP protocol, I understand that the value 5 means that the master is in clear mode and the slave goes into fail safe, which is defined by the GSD file.

If I restart my CP card, then everything is working fine afterwards.

What I don't understand is why I have to restart my card when the master is runnning fine again. Shouldn't the slave go back to normal operation which is value 1 on the DP receive?

Has anybody seen this before and knows if something has to be adjusted? watchdog time etc... ??

Appreciate any responses...

brg
Andreas