Siemens Micro/Win install failure

glenncovington

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello all. I tried installing the Siemens MicroWin 4.0.0.81 demo on my Dell Latitude D630 with XP SP3. The install bombed before it completed. I then tried to uninstall through the windows control panel and it failed to uninstall. Everytime I try to reinstall it asks do I want to completely remove all files, like it is still trying to uninstall and then I get the attached message. Anybody know how to clear it off my machine to allow for a clean reinstall?

microwin_uninstall.gif

This might sound daft but has worked for me for various install problems. Login as a different user, if needed create a new user just for those problem installs.

The the always stuff.

Switch off Antrivirus
Clear Temp folder
Install as administrator
Shut down and restart computer

Thats all I can think of at short notice.

Bryan

Revo

There is a small uninstaller utility called Revo. Very useful.
Very compact.

Try Googling "revo unistaller".
I wish I could post the link but I am on my phone!

I had the same problem few years ago, I had to reinstall Windows.The best solution is to quit with Simatic, throw it in trash, and use non-buggy Omron Cx-one.If you even install it (full working version), you will have many problems with PPI cables.

manny problems happened when peoples upgraded to XP SP3 when the soft was already installed on SP2 but changing for another brand because of that is just a politic option to my eyes.....And by the way with Omron......If you had said one of the big 3 ok you got something maybe with the changes but.......

All soft has their problemes and the one connected to windows isn't 100% others responsability. SP3 install a lot of protection that sometimes reject programming soft....

I do about 50 projets a year with Siemens soft and yes i got some bugs but all the time solved. Usually when i get bored from Siemens, i got a job to do with other brand from the big 3 and sometimes from foreingh and i'm always very happy when i got back to Siemens ...!

Demo version is does not support SP3. Go get a newer version from Siemens Rep/Distributor. You'll be happy to program like an adult.

Call the Siemens Hotline. They'll walk you through cleaning up the registry to fix it. They are very good, I call them all the time.