OP73 HMI Proplems

shaker Hosain

Hello :
I have OP73 HMI when I want to program it with the WINCC flexbile Software(2008), the Software show me an error message :

Info : A connection could not be established. Please check your settings, ports, cable etc..

and I want to mention that the OP73 package contains CD "Licenses and Open Source Software", but I don't know how to use this CD.

please could you tell me how can I use the CD ?
and I want to know what is the meaning of this message?

I want to remember you that I did the following things:
1- I use MPI/DP cable to program the OP73HMI.
2-I built the project .
4-when I transfer the Project I selected MPI\DP from Mode Listbox and I put" 1" in Station Address.
5-form OP73 HMI I put Address on "1" and Enable MPI\DP Channel
3- when I select Transfer button ,the Software Show me the provides Message.
but I tried another way:
1-from Start Menu of the Windows XP2002 -->All Programs --> SIMATIC --> Prosave
from Prosave window I selected from Device type Listbox "OP73" and from Connection Listbox I selected MPI/PROFIBUS DP.
2- I put in Address Box "1".
3- then I went to "OS Update" tap .
4- click on Device Statues.
I get the same problem.
emotion-70.bmp

maybe you op73 is older than your soft or the reverse and this meen you need to update os version on the hmi to match the os in your wincc

go to the transfert menu and look for ''os update'' do the corresponding instruction to figure it out

it's not bad to do it even if it is fine if you are not sure.

which version of wincc flex are you using ?

2008 SP1 hotfix 3 solved some issue about downloading (not sure exackly which hotfix) but now you get the error message about the update when download doesn't work according to it and previously you were stuck without any error....