RSLogix5000 Basic Question

kittydog42

Is there a way to write multiple tags to 0? With the TSX37 Modicon, I would write %MW0:10:=0, for example, to indicate that I wanted to write 0 to %MW0 through %MW9. What I am actually trying to do is write 0 to multiple elements of an array to clear it out, but not necessarily starting at offset 0.

If the array is of a basic numeric type the the FLL should allow you to do what you want. If it is a user defined structure then create a zeroed copy of your UDT in a tag then use the COP command.

ya its easy,
you have to map the word/bit(which and all you want to move zer), into systamatic way (with free bits in the word starting from 0 say WX:0 to WN:0)and then you can use COP instruction to copy number of elements you wish to copy with ZERO 0.

Here WX=ANY STARTING WORD (STARTING FROM ZERO)
WN-END WORD
WX AND WN=SHOULD BE UNUSED.

thanks for your understanding.

Naag.