Require some assistance on following 1756-ENBT and Changing Communication Format

synclogix

Hi friends,
Can any one help me out with these issues:

1. Can we in any way obtain Status of all three LED's ( Ok, Net, Link ) for a 1756-ENBT module of ControlLogix distintively using some Implicit messaging or so. ( for eg just like in CNET u can get the status using specific attributs, instance and service code, which specifically dose not work with ENBT module)

2. Is there any way we can change the Communication format(Listen only, Full Output data etc etc) for a I/O module in CONTROLLOGIX platform via programming ie implicit messaging or any other possible way, without deleating the module.

Regards

Sure Philip..
Both issues are related to WarmBack for ControlLogix...... but both r to be implemented in different projects........
1.One project required I/o to be placed on EthernetNet..... well i have tried using GSV for getting specific status of LED's in case 1, but i am not satisfied with the varying results to note any failure at ENBT end ( ie either module failure or link failure or any specific network failure or just a general failure) Getting the LED status will definitely give me a edge over getting precise switch over events.

2. The second issue concerns more with data loss which can be avoided if one I/o module can have two communication formats for two different processors, and Consecutively alter their formats depending on which one is primary....

I hope the I did clarify my point.

And Yess i have banged my head across RA Knowledgebase............ all i could find is for CNB..... which is not applicable for ENBT.... the service code and attributes might be different......

Regards

Last edited:
Well I am glad I am not the only one that wanted this info. I "banged" this out just last week. I can try and explain it to you but here is the info you need. I'll let you trudge through it and see what questions you have. Just click on the icon to the left in the ENet section. Good Luck! đź““

Knowledge Base

Thanks for your Kind help!!!!

Thanks Beryl, :)
Updating you with current progress, the knowledgebase document link send by you was of real help. I am able to get the staus for LINK active of not. Using GSV i can get the staus of OK Led for ENBT. I think i am able to replicate a event that can contribute to switch over for ENBT's when required.

One thing that concerns me is that when I happen to take the module out from its chassis ( replicating Power loss condition) the data stored in those 112 bytes of "F6_Data" Tag freezes to its previously obtained value. There is no heart beat to reset the values to zero when CIP message instruction gives error or timed out connection.

J :cool: ust curiosity purpose, this tag "F6_Data[4]" is of one byte, the first two bits have specific purpose as detailed in the document, what do other bits signify. I am interested in this because when I happen to take out the link bit, 0,3 and 4 go from 1 to 0 and comes back when the complete module is active and connections are made. Do the bits 3 and 4 have any special signifiance.

Once again Thanks a lot for u kind help.
Regards

Last edited:
Great, glad it helped. As far as what the other bits mean, I do not know yet. I am still trying to figure a few things out with the CIP instruction. There looks to be a lot of information comming back and very little reference to what it means. I will post again if I find any new info.

will keep update...

Yaa Beryl
With data as 112 bytes, lot of data is being exchanged, some continuously changing as the connection is alive and some depends on number of connections opened and closed. I am also looking into details of that. If i find any relevant information i shall post that too.
Thanks!!!
Regards
Ranbir