RSSql OPC Data Point Setup

skyfx

Hey all,

I am trying to define data points in RSSql and am having some problems. I have a ControlLogix 5555 controller and an OPC topic set-up in RSLinx which is pointing to it, but RSSql is refusing to populate the tags in the data point definition window, as shown in the following screenshot.
datapoints.jpg

RSSql's help file says to use "Generic OPC" for ControlLogix PLCs instead of "RSLinx Classic OPC" in the inital configuration, shown below.
rssqlconfig.jpg

While choosing "Generic OPC" enables me to see the OPC tags from my tag database, as shown below, I encounter some other problems (for e.g., I can't add the array containing the data for a tag of type string - I would have to add all [82] elements of the string and set-up a data point for each, which is not feasible).
genericopcdatapoints.jpg

Any ideas :)?

Thanks!

P.S.: I also tried exporting my tag database from RSLogix 5000 and just importing that for my data points, but then I lose a variety of tag details such as the fact that a tag of type string has a .LEN component and a DATA array.

Problem solved - FactoryTalk Live Data, set-up via the FactoryTalk Administration Console, is the way to go for your Control Connector Service :)!