Connecting a Mini Din to Sub D25

eyad267

Hi All

I've got a twido PLC with a mini din 8 pins, which i want to connect to a Sub D25 for communications between screen and PLC, i know the Sub D25 pin configuration but when i asked for the Mini Din configs i've got the following
A+
B-
DU
/DE
DPT
DU
0V
5V
0V
Which seems to be written in french...and it is RS485 according to them...

How can i connect the mentioned 8 pins to a RS232C
(Ground / Signal Ground/ TXD/ RXD) ???

Thanks in advance

Ah Thanks mostly Ok, But it is a communication between RS485 (From Twido PLC) to RS232 (XBTR Panel)
Is it the Same?

In TWIDO --------------- SCREEN
A+ = TXD --------------- RXD
B- = RXD --------------- TXD
0V = 0V --------------- SG
??

Please Confirm
Thanks in Advance

Note to self: Must read posts in more detail !!

As mentioned you can't connect RS232 to RS485, i thought you just wanted to take RS482 to a 25 pin D-Sub, you need a converter to do what you want.

You don't mention which Twido controller you have. You can maybe add optional TWDNOZ232D or TWDNAC232D communication port to twido (RS232 / minidin8), if there is no second port added yet to your controller and your controller supports it.

Another method is to use RS485/232 converter as tragically1969 wroted.
Pins you need for converter are A+ and B-, but you need also connect pin5 to Pin7 inside minidin8 connector. (DPT signal to 0V, PORT1). This tells to twido controller, that programming port is used for modbus/ascii communication. If you don't connect pin5 nowhere => you can use converter cable only for programming.

You can also use Twido programming cable TSX PCX 1031 with proper D9 to D25 adapter (You can use TSX 1031 cable for modbus communication, if selector switch is in position 3)

But communication adapter is maybe cheapest and easiest of these methods.
If you can use ex. NOZ232D communication adapter, you only need A+ and b- signals and Signal ground to D25. (Pins 3 (txd), 4 (RXD) and 6&7 (0V) )