CLx to CLx Messaging

gherz817

Let we say I have a CLx project which has more than 200 connections when I compute the number of connections for CNB module and more than 250 connections for controller connections.
I computed the number of connections using Produce/Consume Rules of counting the number of connections which I downloaded from the RA website.

1. How can be the number of connections for CNB and CPU controller decrease?

2. Is the messaging (MSG) can lower the number of CNB and Controller connections?

If yes, how?

3. By the way what is the difference between Produce/Consume and Messaging (MSG)?

:oops::oops::oops:

Last edited:

Similar Topics

I can't seem to get messaging to work between L84E CLX processor and a PLC5/40E processor.What would the path be? Currently I have: processor,2,IP...
Replies
Views
Anyone have a recommendation for transmitting alarms, messages, etc...over radio? The alarms will be generated from a CLX platform above V21 and...
Replies
Views
Hi all I am replacing an SLC5/05 with a Compact Logix. Having converted the program I am now looking at the Ethernet messaging. I have Mapped the...
Replies
Views
I need a little help again guys. I'm trying to understand how on this CLX program the alarm messaging is being manage. I'm trying to add a new...
Replies
Views
I have a PLC5/40 with 1785-ENET sidecar that's soon to be converted to a 1756-L71 processor. The 5/40 has block transfers to a few analog cards...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom