PlC General Info

Greetings PLCnewbiE80 and welcome to the forum.

At the very top of this web page is a link named LEARN PLCS. Click on that, its a very good place to start.

General internal bits that are bits that can only be used internal to the PLC, ie.. (Directsoft) C0, C1,.. C100 etc. They can be used in the ladder in the as input or outputs.

I/O or Input/Output bits are used for real world inputs and outputs, pushbuttons, swtiches, lights solenoids etc. They are addressed (Directsoft) X0, X1, ...X100 etc, Y0, Y1, ...Y100.

Internal bits can be used to show the status of inputs. They can also control the real world addressed outputs.

I/O input Internal
--| |----------------------(C100)
X100

Internal I/O output
--| |----------------------(Y100)
C100

Similar Topics

Dear forum, I have earlier worked with RSLogix 5000 and I remember there was a function in the software that made it possible to save the current...
Replies
Views
All, General Motors Corporation utilizes an PLC assessment for individuals applying for Journeyman Electrician positions. They utilize a 3rd...
Replies
Views
Hi I have S7-1200 and want to use a general PC as HMI with TIA v.13 1) what additional hardware my PC should have? (it already has a TCP/IP...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, Doing a conversion from PLC5 to Controllogix, and so far it's going smoothly. The programs are fairly simple, the errors are minimal...
Replies
Views
Hey everyone I am very new to the use of PLCs and was performing a simple solar experiment for one of my courses and am kind of lost. My...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom