1747-SN and analog I/O

rthomp

I am working on a SLC-500 system that is communicating to a 13 slot remote rack via a 1747-SN module. This remote rack contains an adapter and a combination of 6, 8 point Analog Input and Output cards plus some Digital I/O. Since each analog channel is going to use a word in the image table, I'm not sure how to pursue the setup of the SN module and adapter. I've used SN modules before but only with Digital I/O. Not sure how to proceed, please help.

Thanks in advance.
Ron

Typically you use block transfers to read/write configuration data and the analog data at each card. I know you can us the IO table directly in SOME instances, however I've always felt it's best practice to use the BTW/BTR instructions to ease my confusion.

Start out with the analog card manuals, it should point you in the direction of using block transfers, also review the BTR/BTW instructions in the RSLogix500 manual.

Thanks, I was in the thought process that I would probably have to use the BTW/BTR instructions but was trying to avoid it. Looks like wishful thinking.