rotary switches on s7 do modules?

If you mean the part behind the 20 way wiring connector, I think it is just there to key wired connectors to particular modules.
So you can't plug a wired connector into the wrong module.

hi phil,
thnx

on the 322 do module there is an 8 pos rotary just in centre of the two columns of pins.

maybe wht u say is the reason but i'm still not sure.documentation on it is nil.

thnx agn

hi phil,
thnx

on the 322 do module there is an 8 pos rotary just in centre of the two columns of pins.

maybe wht u say is the reason but i'm still not sure.documentation on it is nil.

thnx agn

Yes, documentation is nil, but Phild told exact purpose of rotary switch. :)

documentation is nil

Don't be daft, this is Siemens, of course it's documented - it's just finding it that's the problem :)

Search for 'connector coding' in the CPU installation / operating instructions manual.

hi all,
i dont mind being exposed as daft,if i can get an answer from a forum instead of looking in all the manuals (cpu installation for a rotay switch on do).

thnx for your kindness

Hi there
Yeah, there is lots of documentation. Its about ability to search the information needed.

Ability to get information is more important and in the end it doesn't matter how did you got it!!

Also Yantrak in this place every one is a daft, that's why you are here and every body else !!

Enjoy.