Unable To Download Program - CX Programmer

Shohadawy

I've a problem with program downloading in CX programmer. When I begin to download the program I get the message "Unable to download program(s). Errors found during compilation" although I don't have any errors or warnings after compilation. Waiting for your help.

I've a problem with program downloading in CX programmer. When I begin to download the program I get the message "Unable to download program(s). Errors found during compilation" although I don't have any errors or warnings after compilation. Waiting for your help.

How do you know you don't have any errors? Have you done a compile (F7) before you attempted the download?

I have had this error on a cqm1h, and it was down to dip switch settings, if yours doesnt have them you must have a program error or a com port setting problem

The CPM2A does have a communication switch next to the RS232 port. Set to "off" the RS232 port communication set up is in the PLC memory. If the switch is "on" the RS232 port is set to:
9600 baud
7-bit data
1 Start bit
2 Stop bits.

Are you communicating via the peripheral port or the RS232?

What cable are you using?

I've also come across this with certain USB adaptors which is one reason I bought the Omron CIF31 USB to serial adaptor. Certain protocols on Omron will not properly work with the handshaking at higher speeds or in some cases the lower speeds. Host link is supposedly more flexible but even there I've run into problems on certain processors

The switch mentioned above sets this processor to Host link rather than toolbus or Sysmac way.. you can also try setting your Commport on you laptop to match the communication setting to what BlueBye mentioned this may help

Last edited:
I've also come across this with certain USB adaptors which is one reason I bought the Omron CIF31 USB to serial adaptor.

There is an 'Omron branded' USB serial adaptor now? We are able to buy a certain 'approved' model from Omron here, but I am pretty sure it is not an Omron brand.

At one stage, I was getting the BSOD with it, so went to a walmart equivalent, and haven't had too many issues.... Do get issues with older models though, just does not wanna connect sometimes...

See output log (bottom of cx-One). Do You see ANY errors? Then, search for RED coloured blocks in Your application.

There is an 'Omron branded' USB serial adaptor now? We are able to buy a certain 'approved' model from Omron here, but I am pretty sure it is not an Omron brand.

At one stage, I was getting the BSOD with it, so went to a walmart equivalent, and haven't had too many issues.... Do get issues with older models though, just does not wanna connect sometimes...

yes the complete number is Omron CS1W-CIF31. I too had used a Radio shack/wallmart adaptor for a number of years until I ran into a problem on a CQ1M. The host link protocol usually runs smooth where I ran into the prob was when I had to run the toolbus protocol and could not switch it. this was the situation that gave me the same error for this post. Needless to say I was at my wits end after all the adaptor had worked without issue for several years. however this was my first encounter with this application. The one nice thing is this adaptor works pretty much the same as the AB USB 9300 adaptor.
Although I do have both now I simply do not take chances with USB adaptors in regards to PLC's now. the number for the AB is 9300-USBS. I've found em so far pretty interchangeable

Edit :the interchangeable was in regards to micrologix and SLC's however I ran into problems on the contrologix platform which was the reason I picked up the AB model

Last edited:
I have a CS1W-CIF31, but i also have Profilic USB/serial converter, which work fine with CP/CJ/CQ, NT/NS (all speeds).
But, Step7 Microwin and 232/PPI via Profilic, cause 'blue screen' on PC :(.

yes the complete number is Omron CS1W-CIF31.

Interesting, have just found a manual on it.

I noticed that it specifies that Hostlink must be used, that is interesting, as we quite often prefer to use Toolbus.

Do you know of a reason why the spec this, possibly comm speeds?

explanation I got from Omron is the Comm speed or rather the amount of data being sent per packet of the two protocols rather than the speed. I've yet to encounter a prob with the toolbus. Mind this was a ew years back when the laptops first started coming out without serial ports so my memory of the conversation is a little vague

Thanks Mordred,

I have enquired with our local team here to see if that option is available to us. It is not in our pricing sheet, so may have to come further afar...