1764-SDN to Ultra 3000 Data Write

kbcombs

Greetings,

Having some trouble figuring out how to write data to an Ultra 3000 indexing servo drive from a CompactLogix via DeviceNET. This is a functioning program that writes the count value to “Index 0 Distance”, parameter 358, multiple times per each cycle of the machine. I would like to have the ability to write a new Velocity (P362), Accel (P363), and Decel (P364) value associated with Index 0 each time the Distance parameter is changed, if possible.

From what I have gathered, it appears the Parameter Number to be changed is moved into this address: Local:3:O.Data[5] (SDN module is located in Slot #3). Then the Parameter Value is moved into Local:3:O.Data[6] (Low Byte) and Local:3:O.Data[7] (High Byte)???

I have read though the user manual regarding Output Assemblies but it just isn’t clicking for me. If anyone can explain it a little better or maybe has a program example with good rung comments that would be great. Any help appreciated!

Thanks!

Find out from your Ultra 3K setup which input and output assemblies are used. One type uses two bytes and another uses one byte to select whih parameter to access. Looks like yours uses the one byte version in which case the parameter numbers are different since 358, 362, 363 and 364 will not fit in a byte. There is a cross reference table somewhere in the documentation.
To send more than one piece of information, you have to sequence thru the parameters. First send the distance, then sent the velocity, etc.
There is some handshaking involved as well.