Copy Simatic authorization disk

It is illegal to make copies of this disk. If you have problems with your existing disk- call your Siemens representative.

robertopsilva

Just to re-iterate JRW's post, this is not a forum for passing on information regarding illegal practises.

You will not find any of the regulars here are willing to entertain the idea of passing on, or disclosing information about, pirated software and the like.

If you wish to copy your authorisation disk for genuine back up reasons then, as JRW stated, there is no need, your local Siemens support will gladly help you recover genuinely lost authorisations, that is, if it is liscenced to yourself or your company in the first place.

I am by no means accusing you of illegal practises, I merely wish to point out that pirated software etc is not condoned on this site.

Paul

It is not illegal to make copies of this disk, however it is illegal to use a single license on more than one computer though. The law does allow for a Backup copy ONLY. Siemens may issues with this anyway and support may be a problem so I wouldn't recomend it.

I have no intention to make illegal copies of the disk, I just want to have my own backup. I just want to report all of you that sometime ago I got my authorization lost when making a scan disk and defrag in my computer, and it lasts 15 days to get from Siemens in German a replace from my authorization...

Hello, RobertoPSilva;
With most Siemens' authorization disks, there come 2 distinct licences, a permanent one that you install normally, ans a 14-day security licence that you can install if you lose the first one, while you contact your support rep.
Now, I do not know why you have to go to Germany for authorization support; maybe Siemens Brasil has distinct ways of doing things. But we get our licences re-instated over the phone or the Internet through Siemens Canada; up to 2 years ago this service was provided by Siemens USA. You can contact them by e-mail or phone on the contacts provided on the following link:

http://www.sea.siemens.com/support/automationsupport.asp

Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier