Help With Beckhoff Stepper and Encoder

Hello Everyone,

We are students at Anoka Technical College and we need some help with Beckhoff. We are trying to do some simple stuff with a stepper motor and encoder. The equipment we are using is Beckhoff BK9050 connected to a CP6701 Touch Panel. The control that we are using for the stepper and encoder is the KL2541. We want to be able to control the stepper with the KL2541. We can't figure out where to begin with the programming, not sure which library to use to do basic stuff-like move it from point to point. We are new to Beckhoff and we pretty much taught ourselves how to use it. Any help with examples would be greatly appreciated. We are using structured text but any format is helpful.
Thank You

Beckhoff's US headquarters is based out of Burnsville, MN. Have you tried calling them? Given who you are I suspect they would be more than willing to help.

The number is (952) 890-0000

Keith

A simple "I dont know" would have worked there Keith.
Tech Support costs money, these are students, which is why there are
forums like this to help out, I understand we cannot do the work for them,
but hey someone who might have worked with Beckhoff, can shed some light
as a starting point ... just my opinion !

I think you misunderstand my point. Most vendors are more than happy to help students get their feet under them. "Making friends" with students is incredibly valuable PR that costs the vendors almost nothing. It is in the vendors best interest to help these guys. So I suspect there would be no charge for the help.

In addition, Beckhoff USA is based out of Burnsville, MN, which is a suburb of Minneapolis. The OP lists their location as Minneapolis. With any luck they may get more than just phone support out of this. I'm guessing that AB gives the students at MSOE (Milwaukee School of Engineering) more than just phone support.

Keith