Logix5000 PID: Integral Accumlator

kdcui

Lifetime Supporting Member
Quick question about the PID instruction.

The Integral Accumlator word (DATA[0]) seems to stop accumlating after a while on large setpoint changes.

Is there a point at which this is supposed to stop integrating the error? I thought this was continuous over the entire process.

Thanks.

Having the integral stop when the output at the limits is typical.

If PID calculations put the output past the limit it doesn't help to have the integral calculate a value even farther past the limit.

If the integral term is allow to grow when the output is at the limit, the only thing that happens is that it will take longer for the integral term to 'wind down' once the feedback reaches setpoint.

Similar Topics

Hi all, I have a PID loop in an AB ControlLogix processor and what I'd like to do is make sure that it doesn't all the CV to fall below a certain...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am working on control level project using PLC 1756-L62 (Rockwell). I put the same parameters on a MATLAB PID and PIDE of Logix5000...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have a program that monitors pressure in a manifold discharge pipe. Pressure in the pipe should be less then 7.5 PSI. If the pressure is...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I cant figure out why my PID is oscillating between 0 and 100 percent. My set point is steady and whenever I take my PID out of...
Replies
Views
Greetings from Michigan, I want to use a PID instruction to control simple oil flow in one of our machines, that obviously uses an oil pump and...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom