RSLogix 5000 TON Timer Time Base

studentplc1

Hey,

Can someone tell me what the default time base is for TON timers in RSLogix 5000? In the TON timer I don't see the option anywhere to edit it. I just see Timer, Preset, Accum. What is the time base?

Thanks

As Brownhat said, it's 0.001 seconds. It is not selectable. Coming from a PLC-5 or SLC500 world, that may at first seem like a limitation until you realize it's 32 bit. That gives you:

over 2,000,000 seconds
over 35,000 minutes
over 596 hours
over 24 days

hello
please i want to make shift register in RSlogix 5000 but from where can i get clock to these flipflop register specially even the timer it self need trigger to operate
thanks

thanks (kannanmkm)
please is there any simple way to store data in RSlogix 5000 for example i have analogue input data to PLC and i want to save these data with time to copy these data for example to another program

If it were me I would use a UDT array with the time and data you want to store. Then use GSV instruction to get the time, and a simple MOV to write the analog data into the UDT. I can think of several ways to accomplish what you want to do, so just find a way that works for you. I'm sure the the folks here that really know what they are doing could come up with a hundred more ways of doing it, but this is what I would do. This link will help you with the GSV instruction for the time.

http://www.contactandcoil.com/autom...the-controllogix-system-time-in-ladder-logic/

Will.